Learn how to use fabric dyes and inks, with calligraphic mark making to create beautiful hand painted papers that will be constructed into an accordion style book built from scratch. This class combines mixed media, calligraphy, book making, and the art of painting all in one! Sign up for one of my Edmonton art classes with The Paint Spot! No previous art experience is required to take this course.
- A full sheet of Arches Text Wove paper (25×40”)
- Scissors, pencil, eraser, ruler
- UHU glue stick, double-sided tape
- A small wooden skewer
- A small container of bleach (¼ cup)
- 2 pieces of heavy card or mat board measuring 7.5 x 5.5”
(These are for your front and back covers.)
- Bone folder
- Hair dryer
- A wash brush 2-inch size
- Any other Calligraphic type tools you might like to try and paint or make marks with. They can even be found objects/nature objects.
- Please bring an apron or wear suitable art clothes, your own PPE: gloves, mask, sanitizer. Snack/lunch, drink, & notebook optional.
Supply Fee includes card stock, book elastic, book envelopes, fabric dyes and ink provided by the instructor